Wednesday, September 4, 2013

First Day

Today was my first day as a teacher! I got to school and was surrounded by people asking if I needed anything and if I got sleep last night (which I did). On my desk, a bowl of candy awaited. It had a note attached (but no signature).

Then the kids arrived! I have 21 students: 9 boys and 12 girls. It was a little overwhelming knowing that I was in charge and the way the day ran was dependent on me. There was no one telling me what to do or when to move to the next activity.  Pacing is something I will need to work on.

I will also need to keep my eye on a few of the boys. I will also have to find ways to reach my ESL student and my students on learning plans.   Hopefully leading the class will start to come more easily as time passes and I get to know my students. Another half day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment