Sunday, March 2, 2014

Projects

My students are very good at projects! It is definitely a strength for many of them. Today I worked on a model to show them for our upcoming book report on Fantasies.

Here is what happens when I spend most of Sunday afternoon working:
Pretty proud of it, but I feel like I'm back doing book reports again. Luckily, I've read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe at least 7 times

The rest of the project will include taking notes on the story and writing what is called a biopoem about one of the characters. Here's mine:

Lucy
Caring, Honest, Open-minded, Loving
Sister of Edmund, Peter, and Susan
Lover of animals, justice, and family
Who feels teased, scared, and protected by Aslan
Who needs affirmation, friends, and confidence
Who fears the White Witch, death, and rejection
Who gives love, healing, and care
Who would like to see her family united, Mr.Tumnus saved, and the White Witch 
defeated
Resident of England and Narnia

Pevensie

It's fun to be able to share some of my favorite stories with my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment