Friday, April 4, 2014

The job search begins

Around this time last year, I was applying to teaching jobs. I was open-minded, excited, and maybe a little naive in my expectations. Now, a year later, I am back to the drawing board applying for jobs again. This year, I have an extra year of experience under my belt with figuring out the education system and knowing my strengths. 

This allows me to narrow down my search to what I feel called to do. I am looking for a job in special education that could be either part-time or full-time (part-time is actually preferred so I can take some classes). I am back on schoolspring (a website specifically designed for educators applying for jobs) and have amped up my resume to send to schools. Once again, I am open-minded, excited, and hopefully a little less naive in my expectations. I am also hopeful for this next chapter in my life and career. Pray that God would provide a job for me next year that would be a better fit for me and allow me to be closer to family and friends.

1 comment: