Sunday, May 4, 2014

The home stretch

I can't believe it is May 4th! April passed by much more quickly than March did. In April, I had a nice spring break visiting friends and family and then it was right back to the groove of things up here in Massachusetts. Spring decided to arrive fashionably late up here. This week it finally arrived with rain, weird New England weather, and this weekend some plants came out of their hibernation. I participated in a run for Colleen Ritzer, the teacher who passed away in October, today and it was beautiful! Over 3000 people participated in this fundraiser for the Colleen Ritzer scholarship. We ran through a bird sanctuary and there were inspirational quotes throughout the 5k. It made me reflect about the kind of legacy I want to leave behind, what I want to be remembered by. "No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind" -Colleen Ritzer


Spring is my favorite time of year, but it also seems to be a time of stress, transitions and good byes. Tonight I had my last youth group, and had to announce to my students that I would not be returning next year. I've grown to love these kids, especially the girls in my small group. It is hard knowing that soon I will have to say goodbye to friends, who I have lived close to the last 5 years, and say goodbye to my students who are funny, creative, and interesting kids, and who I have invested so much time into this year.

I know the next 37 days of school will go by quickly, and I am excited to be done with MCAS mid-May and excited for all the end of year celebrations. Pray that I can have a smooth transition back to NJ and that I would be able to get a job that I love, working with a unique population of students.

No comments:

Post a Comment