Saturday, January 11, 2014

2014

So far, 2014 has been an interesting year. My class was great all week! They were listening and focused. It was really amazing to see. I hope it continues like that because the days are so much more enjoyable when I don't have to yell all day. It was nice to start the year off with those two snow days in which I literally did nothing. I'm still getting back into the swing of planning.

This past week outside of school has been rough. I got into an accident on Tuesday (don't worry, everyone is ok) turning left. I was tired and hungry for Chipotle, which inhibited my judgment, causing me to T-bone another car. After writing up accident reports and talking to insurance companies, I think the only thing left to do is get my car fixed. Unfortunately this will probably be pricy even though the damage is not even that much.

Apart from that, I went on Thursday to get 3 cavities filled (I had a cleaning over break, and was told to find a dentist up here to get them filled). I went to the dentist, and found out that I have not only 3 cavities, but 6 AND I have worn down the enamel on two other teeth.  Luckily, when I got 2 of the cavities filled, I felt nothing! No pain. Best experience I have ever had at the dentist (besides the having twice as many cavities part)

This week was the first week that I truly felt like an adult who has to pay for things and figure things out on her own. Luckily, I have been putting aside money, since I started working, in savings. I guess this is what savings is for…the unexpected expenses in life. However, I am not super stressed about these expenses because I know that God provides and that I'll learn at least two things from this week: floss and be more careful when driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment