Thursday, January 23, 2014

Praises

A few good things happened today:

-My ESL student who started the year with very limited English led the school in morning exercises (the pledge, announcements, etc), so it was cool to see how far she has come since the beginning of the year

-I got my Unit 2 grades back and 16 of my 20 students improved their overall percentage in reading comprehension! One stayed the same and 3 decreased, but overall PROGRESS!

-I was reminded of my Gordon classes and how much more I could be doing (to be more effective) without a lot of extra planning or time

-I was able to take a step back and because of this realized that ultimately my students are just kids and they are starting to look like middle schoolers (the boys are starting to catch up with the girls in height)

-I got paid!

-I feel content and happy about my life at this point. My kids are listening more and I'm actually really enjoying teaching Science. *side note: We switched classes for Science, so I have a different 5th grade class for this trimester in Science

No comments:

Post a Comment