Saturday, January 4, 2014

Finally some Rest and Relaxation

Winter break started on Dec. 21 this year. We were supposed to go back on Jan. 2, which was already going to be a fairly long break. However, thanks to the blizzard we got, my winter break was extended 4 days.

I finally feel like I'm ready to get back into the routine of teaching/working. I miss my students and miss my schedule (as crazy as it is). I am the type of person who does poorly without organization/routine. However, I was able to relax a good amount the last 2 weeks. I spent a week home in NJ with my family and then went on a "no-stress" weekend with Wes to Vermont. We snowboarded/skied one day and the other day watched 24 and football all day. :-) It was exactly what I needed. Then we were in Massachusetts for a few days, where I got to plan some for the coming week and spend some time with friends.

Going back to school on Monday poses the challenge of a fresh start. I will be reviewing my expectations and procedures with my students and will start "treating them like middle schoolers."I need to make a complete mental shift before going into school to a more professional attitude than I have had. I am fortunate that I have this fresh start where I can hopefully get my class together and "lay down the law."

No comments:

Post a Comment