Monday, October 28, 2013

Outside of school

Happy Monday everyone!
This post shockingly is not about school, but about life and especially about life on the weekends. In August I moved up to Massachusetts. Yes, I went to school up here, but "going home" was always talking about NJ. I still have not made the full transition to calling MA my home and I sometimes still refer to going home as to NJ, but I am so happy to be living in Massachusetts. It is approaching winter up here, but it has been a beautiful fall:


This past weekend I was able to visit with some family at the Harvard v. Princeton football game. It was fun to meet up with them and watch Princeton defeat Harvard in a triple overtime (when I was little I wanted to go to Princeton). I also noticed some similarities between my dad and his brothers which I had not noticed before. 

I also have been to DC a few times to visit a few of my favorite people, and boy was it weird during the government shut out. Totally deserted.



I've also taken on some alternate personas at the youth group I help at every week. I love being able to just hang out with teenagers and not have to worry about disciplining them but just getting to know them. We had a fun youth leaders dinner a few weeks ago where we just enjoyed the company of other adults with a common mission: to love kids and show them who God is.


I have also gone on a few walks to catch up with friends, gone out with new friends from work, gone to the gym to release stress, watched a few movies, and eaten lots of pizza. Monday nights there is this place down the street that has "beat the clock" prices meaning if you call at 4:10 your large cheese pizza is $4.10. BEST DEAL EVER! Monday night is pizza night in our apartment. It is fun to have dinner with my two apartment mates, who I am enjoying getting to know. We have had many deep conversations and funny conversations over food. It's great!

Overall, I can't complain. I have a great support system up here among my friends, church family, co workers, and even through the long phone calls I have with my family and Wes. This week has been hard, but I know that God is always with me and I have people who love and care about me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment