Friday, October 18, 2013

Some samples of student writing

My students just finished a project in which they wrote memoirs. Some of them came out really well! I was very impressed. Others could have tried harder and focused more. The hardest part of writing for the students is revision because once they finish typing their work, they think that spell check is the only thing they need to do in order to edit and revise.

Here are some lines from the really good memoirs:
"I was overlooking the stunning panorama of red and brown volcanic rocks, glistening pools, and crystal clear waterfalls."
"People in ragged clothes were sitting on large granite slabs"
"I threw my Reeboks on and off we went"
"He took a picture of me holding the chubby, slimy, disgusting, and humongous fish"

No comments:

Post a Comment