Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Entropy

When I was younger, I asked "how can people's cars get so dirty?" "why don't you just bring in your coffee cup and the McDonalds bag on the floor?" Now I understand. This whole week (I realize it's only Wednesday) I have gotten to school around 7:15 and gotten home between 5-6 pm. That's about 10 hours at school every day (+what I do at home in terms of grading and planning). Mind you, the school day is only 6 hours. My car is a mess, my bedroom is a mess, and my classroom is a mess.  Now, I've never been a "clean freak" but usually I have my stuff slightly organized (my parents might disagree with me regarding my room at home). Sometimes I am a little messy, but I can find everything. Today I'm past that point. I just have no energy to clean up after a full day of teaching and planning.

Pray that I can find the motivation to stick it out just 4 1/2 more school days before Thanksgiving Break (which I am much looking forward to and I know my students are looking forward to). I have to administer 2 tests, grade a project (and other work), and hold 4 parent-teacher conferences in the next week. It's going to be busy! I am however mixing it up with a few fun activities: game night at one of my co-worker's house and a "fall feast" at another friend's house.

I really am starting to enjoy teaching and getting to know my students. I also have had 4 good parent-teacher conferences in the last week. I am thankful for my 4th grade supervising practitioner (from student teaching) who allowed me to sit in on conferences. It helped me know what to expect.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment