Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is one of my two favorite holidays of the year (the other being Christmas Eve). I think this is partially because it is more low key than other holidays and includes cooking and baking! More importantly though, it is a time to reflect on the gifts God has given me. I have now been graduated for 6 months, and even though post grad life in a lot of ways has been hard: being further than 10 feet away from my best friends, being in a long-distance relationship, paying bills and rent and having a stressful job, I am still so thankful because I have friends and family who support me, encourage me, and genuinely care for me.

I know that even in the midst of a lot of work, my mom will still talk to me on the phone. When I'm having a bad day, I know that my conversation with Wes that night will end the day on a high note. I know that my apartment mates will listen to story after story about my students. God gives us relationships as a gift and for this I am so thankful. I am also thankful that I got a job right out of college and that it is a job that I enjoy (most days)! I get the opportunity to know kids and be a role model for them. I get to love them day after day. They are fun to be around and never fail to make me laugh. Working with children can be so rewarding. I also work with a supportive staff, who understands that I am not a perfect teacher and still have a long way to go this year (and they are there to help me be a better teacher).

Lastly, but most importantly, I am thankful for a Savior that is ALWAYS with me and loves me unconditionally, even when I mess up. His mercy is new every day and for this I am so grateful. "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in your weakness." (2 Corinthians 12:9)    

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment