Monday, November 4, 2013

I love Mondays

Mondays are great! I think I wrote about them once before, but I used to hate Mondays. Now, they are my favorite day of the school week. I feel refreshed after the weekend, and my kids are usually pretty well behaved on Mondays. The day goes by quickly, and I don't usually have meetings after school, so can spend as much or as little time as I want in my classroom after school. I left school today thinking, "Wow! I love days like this. It makes me happy I am a teacher."

On Thursday I get observed for my first formal evaluation. Please pray it goes well. I'm nervous considering that my class is only starting to behave (as of the last week or two) and now the principal will be in my classroom for an extended amount of time. She has very high expectations, which is good, but also makes me nervous. The other teachers have been giving me hints on how to impress her though, so we'll see what happens.

I am attaching a short article for you who have some extra time. We were given this article at my last OTAGS (Off to a Great Start aka the first year mentorship program in my district) meeting. It is scarily accurate about how I emotionally feel at this time of the year. Apparently it is the cycle that all teachers go through during the year (according to my 5th grade team who says they still go through these stages)
http://www.newteachercenter.org/blog/phases-first-year-teaching

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment