Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Reorganizing

I am getting observed on Thursday. Usually when I got observed by my Gordon professors, I wouldn't get nervous. Now that I'm the only teacher in the room and my principal is doing a "formal observation" to evaluate me, I'm a little more intimidated. Other teachers have added to this stress telling me everything the principal will be looking for: student engagement, lesson planning, accommodating for the needs of all types of learners, and how my classroom is set up. My mentor came into my classroom after school and we spent about 2 hours reorganizing my room. I like it! I have a reading corner, my materials section is labeled and I freed up some board space. Here is a picture of my reading corner. Now all of my ELA (reading) stuff is together and all my math stuff is together.


Pray that my evaluation goes well on Thursday. Luckily, I have a great weekend planned spending time with Wes in DC, so once Friday comes, it is free sailing…except for parent teacher conferences starting next week.

Side note: One of my students moved today, and 2 more are moving before 2014. I'll be down to 19 next semester, unless a new student comes to our school.

No comments:

Post a Comment